Porcelain Veneers – Attleboro, MA
Hit the Reset Button on Your Smile
Do you ever catch your reflection in the mirror and get bummed out when you notice all the imperfections in your smile? Are you sick and tired of dealing with teeth that have chips, cracks, stains, or gaps? Then you might benefit from a cosmetic dentistry treatment known as veneers. These custom-made restorations can be used to correct virtually all minor smile flaws in just a couple of appointments with your Attleboro dentist. They allow you to essentially hit the rest button on your smile by making your aesthetic imperfections disappear. To learn more about porcelain veneers in Attleboro, MA and whether this is just the treatment you need, simply keep reading below.
Why Choose Capron Park Dental for Porcelain Veneers?
- Correct Multiple Smile Flaws in One Treatment
- Dental Ceramic Perfectly Resembles Tooth Enamel
- Can Last a Decade or Even Longer
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are wafer-thin shells of dental porcelain that are affixed to the front-facing surfaces of whichever teeth you want to appear flawless. You can think of them like little “masks” for your teeth to cover up your dental imperfections. Each veneer is custom-made to look like a perfectly natural part of your smile. The shape of your face, your skin tone, and the size, shape, and color of your surrounding teeth are all taken into account when designing these restorations.
Am I a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
In general, if you have a problem with the appearance of one or more of your front teeth, you might be eligible for veneers. They are designed to fix such issues as:
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Stubborn stains or discoloration
- Small gaps between teeth
- Misshapen, worn-down, or stubby teeth
Because veneers are often a purely cosmetic treatment, we ask that your smile me infection-free before we place them. Any cavities or traces of gum disease must be treated prior to your receiving veneers.
What Is the Process of Getting Porcelain Veneers?
Getting veneers placed only takes two appointments, not counting your initial consultation. During the first of these two visits, one of our dentists will numb you up and then remove an ultra-thin sliver of enamel from your affected teeth. This step ensures that your veneers will lay flat in the line of your smile and not bulge out. Then, we take detailed impressions and send them to a dental lab, where your restorations will be custom-built by a skilled dental ceramist.
In the meantime, we can affix your teeth with temporaries to not only protect your teeth, but allow you to essentially take your new smile for a test drive. After a few weeks, your permanent veneers will be ready. You’ll return to our dental office, where we’ll replace your temporaries with your actual veneers, and voila! It will be like you were born with a perfect set of pearly whites.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers come with a multitude of benefits, some of which include:
- Dental porcelain mimics tooth enamel extremely well, even in the way it reflects light.
- They can correct several different smile flaws in just one procedure.
- Veneers are much more resistant to staining than your natural teeth are.
- No special care is required; just brush, floss, and attend dental checkups and cleanings as you normally would.
- Veneers have the potential to last a decade or even longer with proper care.
- Less enamel is removed during placement than for dental crowns, making it a more conservative treatment.
Are you ready to hit the reset button on your smile by getting veneers? Then contact us today to set up a consultation.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Are you ready to invest in your smile? Just like with anything else, you’ll want to know the expected price before choosing to move forward with veneers. At Capron Park Dental, we always want to give you everything you need to make a well informed and confident decision. While the cost of veneers in Attleboro isn’t fixed, we’ll give you a personalized estimate during your consultation. Our knowledgeable staff will also be happy to review your financing options to help make your smile as affordable as possible.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
Nowadays, there are plenty of cosmetic dental services out there that can make a big difference in your smile. We offer a wide variety of treatments that accomplish different things at different price points so you can achieve exactly the results you’re looking for. Veneers are one of the pricier cosmetic options, but they are also one of the most comprehensive. Here’s how the costs of some of our most popular cosmetic treatments compare to that of veneers:
- Clear Braces – If you have orthodontic issues, there’s no better way to achieve a straighter smile than with Invisalign or Clear Correct! These clear aligners require more time and money than purely cosmetic services, but their results can improve your oral health and last a lifetime.
- Teeth Whitening – Our professional teeth whitening treatments are easily one of the most cost-effective and easy ways to make a big difference in your smile! While much less expensive than veneers, teeth whitening naturally only changes the color of your teeth and not their shape or size.
- Direct Bonding – With direct bonding, we can use a tooth-colored composite resin to mold away any minor imperfections in your smile. While direct bonding can address many of the same issues that veneers can at a lower price, it will need to be redone every few years.
- Metal-Free Restorations – If your teeth are decayed or moderately damaged, you may require more extensive care than what veneers can provide. We offer beautiful tooth-colored fillings and metal-free restorations to help restore your smile’s function and appearance. While these options are reserved for certain circumstances in most cases, they will often receive some form of dental insurance coverage.
- Veneers – While by no means the least-expensive cosmetic option, veneers are one of the few treatments that can completely redesign one or more teeth. You can change the size, shape, and/or color of your pearly whites exactly to your liking, and the durable results will last 15 years or more with the proper care!
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Like other cosmetic dental treatments, veneers are rarely covered by dental insurance. However, that doesn’t mean that your dream smile is out of reach! To help make your veneers more affordable, we are happy to partner with third-party financing companies like CareCredit and Comprehensive Dental Finance. These companies offer low- to no-interest flexible payment plans, so you can break up the cost of your veneers into smaller amounts that fit into your monthly budget. Give us a call today or visit us online to learn more about your financing options.
Are you ready to hit the reset button on your smile? With veneers, we can help you completely redesign the size, shape, or color of one or more teeth. Choosing to invest in veneers is a big decision, so it’s only natural to have some questions about this service before you’re ready to commit to it. Our team here at Capron Park Dental is here to help you make a confident and well-informed decision, which is why we’ve gathered some of the most common questions we get about veneers below. If you don’t see the answers you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to give us a call!
How Long Do Veneers Last?
When considering getting veneers, it’s important to keep in mind that this treatment is irreversible. Once your teeth have been prepped for veneers, they’ll need to be covered with a veneer or a crown to stay safe. Fortunately, veneers are durable and long-lasting. With the proper care, you can easily expect your veneers to last 15 years or more before needing to be replaced.
Does Getting Veneers Hurt?
At first, hearing that you need to have some enamel removed to have your veneers placed may sound daunting. But we’re here to put your fears to rest. The layer of enamel that needs to be removed is only about as thick as a contact lens, which is incredibly thin! Beforehand, we’ll thoroughly numb that area of your mouth so you won’t feel a thing. After the numbing medication wears off, you may feel some slight tooth sensitivity. However, this symptom should be mild, easy to manage, and short-lived.
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
Each veneer is custom-made to fit over a single tooth. This means that we can use veneers to correct as many or as few teeth as you’d like! In general, we’ve found that veneers achieve the most seamless results when done in pairs. Many people choose to get veneers on their front two, four, six, or eight teeth for a truly uniform set of pearly whites. During your consultation, we’ll have a detailed conversation with you about your smile, and from there we’ll be able to recommend how many veneers we think you should get.
Can I Drink Coffee with Veneers?
One of the most popular benefits of veneers is their stain-resistant qualities. Dental porcelain is not porous like your natural enamel, meaning it won’t absorb dark-colored particles as easily. You can drink staining drinks like wine and coffee then show off your dazzling smile without worry! However, veneers are not stain-proof. The dental cement that holds them in place is still susceptible to discoloration, which can shine through the veneers and dim your smile. So, it’s a good idea to chase that coffee with some water and remember to brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day.
Are Veneers Expensive?
It’s no secret that veneers come with a higher price tag than other cosmetic dental treatments. After all, they are one of the most comprehensive and durable ways to dramatically improve your smile! Unfortunately, like other cosmetic services, veneers are not covered by dental insurance. To help make your veneers affordable, we’re happy to partner with third-party financing companies like CareCredit to break up the cost of your new smile into payments that fit into your monthly budget.