All-on-4 – Attleboro, MA
Another Way to Restore Smiles with Dental Implants
When you choose to have an entire arch of missing teeth replaced with dental implants, you don’t have to undergo a traditional implant procedure. Instead, you can choose to have All-on-4 performed, allowing you to completely restore your grin with only four strategically located implant posts. You may even be able to have your new teeth placed on the same day that your implant surgery is performed! Call Capron Park Dental today to get more details about the cutting-edge All-on-4 procedure.
Why Choose Capron Park Dental for All-on-4?
- In-House Dental Implant Placement
- Beautiful, Durable Dental Restorations
- Evening and Saturday Hours Available
How Do All-on-4 Implants Work?
Dental implants are screwlike posts that can act as new tooth roots for any number of replacement teeth. The All-on-4 procedure involves placing four dental implant posts in specific parts of the jaw. The posterior implants will be inserted at an angle to help them join with the parts of the jaw where the bone is the thickest. Thanks to this approach, the implants often have the stability to support a full denture right away, meaning you won’t have to wait too long to have a mouth full of teeth again.
Am I a Candidate for All-on-4 Implants?
You might be a candidate for dental implants if the following criteria apply to you:
- You are an adult with a fully grown jawbone.
- You have lost all or most of the teeth in one or both arches.
- You do not have any health conditions that would stop you from having surgery done.
- You do not have gum disease that could compromise dental implants.
Remember that compared to traditional dental implants, the All-on-4 procedure requires less bone density. As such, it’s less likely that you will need a bone graft before you undergo All-on-4. We can help you figure out whether All-on-4 is right for you if you schedule a consultation at our Attleboro office.
Benefits of All-on-4 Implants
Your new teeth will be permanently attached to your dental implants. They won’t slip around when you’re talking or eating, and they can be brushed the same way as your natural teeth. Additionally, because your dental implants will help stimulate your jaw, they can help prevent the deterioration of the underlying bone that typically occurs when teeth are missing. And with the chewing power that implants provide, you can enjoy a full diet that includes all of your favorite foods.
All-on-4 vs. Traditional Implants
At a glance, All-on-4 might not seem that different from traditional dental implants. That said, there are a few critical differences to keep in mind:
- It can take up to 8 traditionally placed implants to support a full denture, but All-on-4 only requires half that amount to replace all of your teeth.
- Choosing All-on-4 instead of traditional dental implants can potentially let you avoid bone grafting, resulting in a significantly shorter implant process.
- All-on-4 often makes it possible to receive dental implants and customized dentures during the same visit. With traditional implants, there might be a delay between having your implants placed and receiving your new teeth.